Pokémon GO developer Niantic Labs announced two days ago that an upcoming update would bring over eighty new Pokémon and other new features to the popular augmented reality game. Yesterday, the developer said that the new Pokémon GO 1.27.2 update containing those perks began rolling out.
It’s a staggered release so you might need to wait a little bit longer if it’s not live on your local App Store yet. Here’s everything new in Pokémon GO 1.27.2 for iOS.
Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile and a bunch of other Pokémon are now available in the game. All told, you now have the opportunity to catch more than 80 Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games.
They’ve implemented a bunch of other enhancements, too, including new evolutions, berries and avatars, a new Encounter gameplay mode and an expanded wardrobe.
Here’s the full changelog:
- More than 80 Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games can be caught now.
- Gender-specific variations of select Pokémon can be caught as well.
- Added new encounter mechanics. Now when you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don’t be surprised if they react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them.
- Added Poké Ball and Berry selection carousels allowing you to select Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen.
- Added two new Berries—Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries—available by spinning the Photo Disc at PokéStops. Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.
- Added new avatar outfit and accessory options to customize your look with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.
- Added new night-mode map and encounter music.
- Added bonus Candies for catching Evolved Pokémon.
- There are now more opportunities to evolve your Pokémon. Some Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region are now able to evolve into Pokémon that inhabit the Johto region. Be on the lookout for new Evolution items at PokéStops, which you’ll need to evolve some Pokémon.
- Implemented Apple Watch connection stability improvement.
- Various bug fixes.
- Minor text fixes.
Niantic promised to release another update soon bringing some of the missing features that didn’t make it into the initial release, like trading and real-time player battles.
Source: Niantic Labs