Like every Sunday, we get to take a look at some of the most popular posts that were published on iDB during the week that just ended. Whether it is a news item, a new jailbreak tweak, a tutorial, or an app review, we sum it all up in one convenient place for you.
As always, if you like what you’re reading, please feel free to spread the love by sharing our posts on your favorite social network.
We’re usually hanging out a lot on Twitter and Facebook, more rarely on Google+.
Don’t forget to listen to the latest episode of our new podcast, Let’s Talk iOS:
Want to support iDB? Visit our Deals Store and buy something from us.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits iTunes as HD download
- Daily Deals: Bluetooth speakers, headphones and more
Apple & related news
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.1 to fix web links crashing bug
- Believe it or not, Apple just turned 40!
- DOJ unlocks San Bernardino shooter’s iPhone, withdraws case against Apple
- Taylor Swift wipes out on the treadmill in latest commercial for Apple Music
- Teardown of iPhone SE finds hardware is a collage of 5s, 6, and 6s parts
- iPhone manufacturer Foxconn buys Apple supplier Sharp in a $3.5 billion deal
- 6 great jailbreak tweaks for the Messages app
- How to install nitoTV on Apple TV 4
- A quick overview of nitoTV for Apple TV 4
- Palert brings tvOS-inspired notification alerts to iOS
- ‘IfFound 3’ makes it easier for good Samaritans to return your lost iOS device
- miniTime is a tweak that makes the Lock screen clock smaller
- Apps to check out this weekend
- Mittomo, Nintendo’s first app designed for iOS devices, hits US App Store
- Creative video app CHOMP goes free as Apple’s App of the Week
- How to reorganize your favorite Instagram filters and hide the ones you don’t need
- How to use bold, italics and strikethrough styling in your WhatsApp conversations
- Fantastical for Mac gains native Exchange support, printing, iCloud shared calendar alerts & more
- This Mac app tracks how often you slack off
- How to share Instagram videos to Vine
- FreeChat for WhatsApp brings a free native desktop app for WhatsApp to Mac
- How to prevent kids from sharing photos and videos to specific apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to prevent apps from being deleted on iPhone and iPad
- How to lock down maximum headphone volume on iPhone and iPad
- How to limit ad tracking on your Apple devices
- How to record phone calls on iPhone, no jailbreak or additional apps required
- How to clear recent calls in FaceTime for Mac
- How to turn an email into a reminder on Mac
- How to stop your iPad and other devices from ringing when you get a call on your iPhone
- Here are some things to check if your Mac is running slowly
- Disabled Apple ID? Here is what to do about it
- Common restore errors in iTunes and how to resolve them
- Top 3D Touch shortcuts in Apple’s Podcasts app
Find iDB on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, and in your RSS reader. Also make sure to subscribe to our podcast and download the iDB app for free in the App Store.