I couldn’t care less about FarmVille or Candy Crush Saga or any other game on Facebook, for that matter. If you’re anything like me, I suppose pesky invite notifications for Facebook games have been ticking you off.
But don’t worry, you can block those annoying requests with just a few taps. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to stop getting invites for apps and games from Facebook friends, both on the web and in the app.
Instructions provided in this tutorial will prevent all app and game invites sent by friends from appearing in your Facebook account. If this nuclear option isn’t what you really want, Facebook also permits you to block invites from specific apps/games, as well as those from specific people you’re friends with on the service.
How to block Facebook game invites
On the Facebook app:
1) Open the mobile Facebook app on your device.
2) Tap More in the tab area at the bottom right, select Settings, and then choose Account Settings in the pop-up menu.
3) Tap Apps.
4) Tap on Platform, then select the No option underneath the Games Invites and App Notifications section.
This will stop all app and game invites sent by friends from appearing in your account.
On the web:
1) Go to facebook.com in your web browser and log in to your account.
2) Click the triangle icon in the top right corner of the interface and choose Settings.
3) Click Apps in the lefthand section.
4) Click Edit below the Game and App Notifications section in the right menu.
5) Click Turn Off in the dialog.
“By disabling app notifications and game invites you will no longer see app related requests sent by your friends,“ reads the feature’s description. Turning the feature on will re-enable app and game invites from your Facebook friends.
Disabling app invites is the easiest way to keep annoying, spammy notifications in check. It’s worth knowing that stopping app notifications and game invites will have no effect on your ability to use Facebook apps or play games on the service.
You may want to check out these tutorials that cover dealing with unwanted or spammy notifications from apps, games and websites on Facebook:
- How to keep Facebook apps, games and websites from posting on your behalf
- How to stop receiving game invites from all Facebook friends
- How to block app and game invites from specific Facebook friends
If you like this tutorial, check out our Facebook how-to archive.
Need help? Ask iDB!
Not sure how to do certain things on your Apple device, app or service? Let us know at [email protected] and one of our future tutorials might provide a solution.
Submit your how-to suggestions at [email protected].