U.S. wireless carrier AT&T announced this morning a few notable changes coming to its shared-data plans beginning tomorrow. For starters, customers on existing Mobile Share Value Plans with fifteen and twenty gigabytes of cellular data will now pay less for their high-speed 4G LTE data: the 15GB plan will drop from $130 to $100 per month while the 20GB tier will go from $150 down to $140 per month.
“There’s never been a better time to be an AT&T customer,” said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility. “Tomorrow, we roll out new plans for everyone, including a plan that gives 50% more data than on our most popular plan. And we’re not done yet.”
More data for less money
The following changes go into effect tomorrow, August 15:
- 300MB $20 per month plan—this plan will remain unchanged.
- 1GB $25 per month plan—this plan will no longer be available.
- 3GB $40 per month plan—this plan will no longer be available.
- 6GB $70 per month plan—this plan will no longer be available.
- New 2GB plan—AT&T is introducing the new 2GB plan, priced at $30 per month.
- New 5GB plan—AT&T is introducing the new 5GB plan, priced at $50 per month.
- 10GB $100 per month plan—this plan will no longer be available.
- 15GB gets price cut—this plan will now cost $100 per month, down from $130 per month.
- 20GB gets price cut—this plan will now cost $140 per month, down from $150 per month.
Customers on a new 15GB plan or higher will also receive unlimited talk and text to Mexico and Canada. Those opting for the 15GB plan will essentially get more data for the price of 10GB. Moreover, the $25 per month access fee for AT&T Next devices drops to $15 per month for customers on a 15GB or higher tier.
All Mobile Share Value customers can also take advantage of features like Rollover Data and AT&T Next, a financing feature which spreads the cost of the device over 12, 18 or 24 zero-interest monthly installments.
In addition to the aforementioned changes, AT&T will continue to offer its larger-sized data buckets to its most data-hungry customers in the form of 25GB, 30GB, 40GB and 50GB Mobile Share Value Plans.
As mentioned before, the current 10GB bucket that costs $100 per month will be phased out tomorrow as AT&T will instead offer a new 15GB tier for the same price.
Business customers can get even more data maxing out at 200GB per month.
“Two year contracts are also still available at $40 per line in select locations,” said the firm.
Existing subscribers will continue to use old plans and won’t see any changes come tomorrow. New or existing customers interested in making a jump to one of the new Mobile Share Value Plans can do so starting tomorrow.