Having initially soft-launched in the Canadian App Store, Sega has now made Sonic Jump Fever available worldwide. Keeping true to its promise, the Japanese games developer and publisher has released the game as a freemium download with an optional Special Ring Bundle available via a $0.99 In-App Purchase.
Sonic Jump Fever challenges you to compete against friends for high scores in fast-paced vertical jumping challenges. “Unleash Fever Mode and push Sonic into hyper-speed for earth-shattering scores,” teases Sega…
The game builds on the successful Sonic Jump formula with new features, levels, adventures and characters. It’s essentially a heart-pounding race against the clock as you try to collect as many items as possible, racking up huge combos to blast past your friends’ high scores.
From the blurb:
Use boosters, upgrades, unique character abilities and Chao pets to maximize your score. Then kick your game into overdrive with Fever Mode and hit the top of the Leaderboard! With brand new levels and leaderboards every week, the challenge never ends!
Here, check out the launch trailer.
- Jump Revolution – An all-new Sonic Jump experience – this time Sonic and friends are in an explosive race against time!
- Catch the Fever – Unleash the Fever and enter hyper-speed as Sonic goes interstellar to score earth-shattering combos!
- Compete Against Friends Every Week – Blast past your friends’ scores with weekly leaderboard refreshes that keep the challenge going!
- New Levels, New Adventures – Jump to the heavens in brand new locations such as Mechanical Zone!
- Cast of Characters to Play & Upgrade – Play as Sonic, Knuckles and a host of other famous characters. Upgrade their unique moves and abilities to help them soar to the skies.
- Chao – Recruit a legendary Chao from the Sonic universe! Find all the Chao to help you beat badniks, search for hidden rings and many more unique abilities!
Download Sonic Jump Fever for free in the App Store.
The 97.2-megabyte universal app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad device compatible with iOS 7.0 or later.