On the latest episode of Let’s Talk Jailbreak, we discussed our love/hate relationship with the new Springtomize 3 jailbreak tweak. We love all of the customizable options it provides, but we hate a lot of the tiny bugs that came with it.
Well, I’m happy to report that Filippo Bigarella has posted a big update for Springtomize 3 and it appears to squash a lot of these bugs. It also offers other improvements, as well as new features, including no more required re-spring…
For those who aren’t familiar with it, Springtomize 3 is the third iteration of a very popular jailbreak tweak that allows you to customize the Home screen, app switcher, Lock screen, folders, and more. If you’d like, check out our review.
And here’s the change log for the latest update:
Bug fixes and improvements:
- Icon badges being displayed behind icons when using overflow effect
- Compatibility with Infinidock (adding dynamic overflow effect).
- Icon labels briefly reappearing when launching apps
- Custom number of rows causing icons not to be correctly spaced
- Custom number of rows not applying in folders
- Updated localizations
- Screen blinking right after being turned off
- Custom carrier not working on iPod touch/iPad
- No need to respring anymore (almost) all the settings. See changes in real time!
- Added a “Reset” button to each section, to quickly reset all its settings to their default values
- Adjust the space between icon columns/rows in pages and folders
- Adjust the side insect of icons in pages, folders and in the dock
- Icon image transparency
- Turkish localization
Of course, the update is available for free to all existing Springtomize 3 owners, just check the Changes tab in Cydia. For non-owners, the tweak is in the BigBoss repo and is either free, $1.99, or $2.99 depending on if you owned Springtomize 2.