Did you recently purchase a new Verizon-flavored LTE iPad? Well if so, you’ll be happy to know that the carrier is about to start a massive rollout that will make its high-speed 4G network available to dozens of new markets.
This morning, Verizon announced a number of new expansions and additions to its already vast LTE network. Want to know if your city was included? Keep reading for a full list of the carrier’s new 4G markets…
- Georgia – LaGrange, Macon, Brunswick
- New York – Cattaraugus-Allegany Counties
- Kansas – Dodge City, Great Bend, Garden City, Hays, Wichita
- South Dakota – Pierre
- Florida – Ocala
- Utah – Provo-Orem, Salt Lake City-Ogden
- Southern Illinois
- Iowa – East and Southeast of Des Moines
- Missouri – St. Louis, Southwest
- Ohio – Columbus, Cleveland
- Idaho – Boise-Nampa
- Colorado – Ft. Collins-Loveland
Verizon expects LTE to be active in a majority of these areas by April 19th. And the remaining markets soon after.
The carrier commands a staggering lead over its competition in the LTE space, as its 4G network now covers more than 2/3 of the US population.