These things are easily fabricated (as is any Apple rumor, for that matter) so it pays to take this one with a few pinches of salt.
A new report Thursday by Stuff.tv suggests Apple this year could abandon iPhone S-upgrades, based on an alleged listing in Vodafone UK’s retail system which mentions a product listed as a ’4G iPhone 6’.
Evidence backing the report: a blurry image of a retail system listing purportedly taken by a Vodafone employee. Now, we’ve heard crazy stories of Apple potentially releasing not one, but a few new iPhones this year. However, the most credible sources point to an iPhone 5S upgrade and the rumored budget iPhone model in 2012, eventually followed by an iPhone 6 in 2013… Read More
AT&T and Verizon, the two leading U.S. wireless carriers by subscribers and revenue, have reportedly joined forces in a massive bid to acquire London-headquartered Vodafone, a multinational telco which operates networks in over 30 countries and has partner networks in over 40 additional countries. The transaction would easily dwarf the monumental AOL/Time Warner merger as Vodafone already is a huge corporation: it’s the world’s second-largest wireless carrier after China Mobile and commands 403 million subscribers worldwide.
This compares to AT&T’s 107 million subscribers, Verizon’s 116 million customers and China Mobile’s 703 million subscribers. What’s really interesting is Vodafone’s existing U.S. partnership with Verizon Wireless: the nation’s leading telco is actually a joint venture of Verizon Communications and Vodafone where the former holds 55 percent ownership and the latter controls the remaining 45 percent ownership of the joint venture.
Vodafone UK subscribers with an iPhone 4S who haven’t upgraded to iOS 6.1 may want to hold off on doing so. The carrier is currently sending out text messages to customers stating that there’s a bug in the new firmware.
According to the warning, the issue has to due with 3G performance. Apparently 4S users on Vodafone UK have been experiencing problems with both cell service and battery life since updating to the latest version of iOS… Read More
Right on time, Vodafone in Germany appears to be stockpiling the new 40 percent smaller Nano SIM cards, a German publication reveals. The carrier is one of Apple’s major iPhone distributors throughout Europe and in the United States, where UK’s multinational mobile network operator has a joint venture with the US telco Verizon Communications, called Verizon Wireless (Vodafone has a 45 percent ownership of the joint venture). Apple’s next iPhone is expected to file as the first phone to feature the recently ratified Nano SIM standard which allows for the creation of thinner and smaller mobile devices… Read More
When will the white iPhone 4 be available? That’s the eternal question that hopefully will get an answer sooner rather than later. Maybe even sooner than we thought. If you go to Vodafone UK‘s website right now, you can see an iPhone 4 in white color labeled as “coming soon”.
So what is this? A marketing stunt from Vodafone to get a little attention, or a clear sign that the unicorn white iPhone 4 is right around the corner? Your guess is as good as mine… Read More