By Sebastien Page on Nov 3, 2009
It’s official, BlackSn0w is out and available for download. BlackSn0w is not a standalone app. BlackSn0w is part of Blackra1n RC3.
People who accidentally locked their iPhone on baseband 05.11.07 will now be able to unlock their iPhone using BlackSn0w.
This step by step guide and tutorial will show you how to unlock your iPhone OS 3.1.2 baseband 05.11.07 with BlackSn0w.
If you just want to jailbreak your iPhone and are not interested in unlocking, refer to my BlackRa1n RC3 tutorial.
This BlackSn0w iPhone unlock tutorial will work on both Mac and PC.
In this tutorial, I will assume that your iPhone is currently not jailbroken or unlocked. Read More
By Sebastien Page on Nov 3, 2009
BlackSn0w is now available for download from BlackRa1n.com! BlackSn0w comes as an addon to BlackRa1n.
Here is what’s important to note:
- BlackSn0w will unlock baseband 05.11.07
- BlackSn0w will enable tethering
I will write tutorials on how to use BlackSn0w, but here is a quick overview of how it works, depending on your situation:
- If you previously jailbroke your iPhone using BlackRa1n and you kept the blackra1n.app on it, then run BlackRa1n. The Icy icon should be replaced by the “ra1n” option. Select “ra1n” to upgrade BlackRa1n to RC3. After upgrading, run BlackRa1n and you should see the “sn0w” option. Just select “sn0w” and it will unlock your iPhone.
- If you were waiting to update to 3.1.2 or if your iPhone was stuck locked, then download BlackSn0w, run it, reboot, and choose the “sn0w” option from the BlackRa1n.app.
- If your iPhone was previously jailbroken using PwnageTool or if you deleted the BlackRa1n.app from your iPhone, BlackSn0w will be added to Cydia later during the day.
UPDATE: BlackRa1n RC3 and BlackSn0w tutorials are up:
By Sebastien Page on Oct 31, 2009
GeoHot just published a video of the first unlocked iPhone running OS 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07 using BlackSn0w. Earlier this week, GeoHot was offered $10,000 to work on the 05.11.07 unlock. Initially, he said it would take him 24 hours. It’s been more than 24 hours but it’s still darn impressive.
BlackSn0w hasn’t been released to the public yet. My guess is that GeoHot is still testing it. BlackSn0w is supposed to work on both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS and will unlock to any carrier.
We don’t know when BlackSn0w will be released but I’ll sure try to be on top of it and let you guys know.
Are you excited?
By Sebastien Page on Oct 30, 2009
There is good news for those of you who accidentally updated their iPhone to firmware 3.1.2 in iTunes and updated the baseband to 05.11.07. After being offered a bounty of $10,000, GeoHot started working on BlackSn0w, an unlock for the iPhone 3.1.2 baseband 05.11.07, and it seems he’s getting closer to finding a solution.
In a blog post titled “A Heap of Trouble“, GeoHot posted the following image:
If you zoom in the image, you can read this:
hello there, this is geohot
this is the most complicated injection i have ever done, and it uses a public command
… prepare for blacksn0w, although i gotta still figure out this zamboni
GeoHot said on Twitter that BlackSn0w is still ways away so don’t expect it to be released tonight.
When I see how shaky BlackRa1n is, I will probably stay away from BlackSn0w and I will patiently wait for the Dev Team to release an update to UltraSn0w. That’s just me though.
Are you eager to get your hands on BlackSn0w? Will you use BlackSn0w, or like me, will you wait for the Dev Team to release their own iPhone unlock?