When an important event is coming, whether it be a birthday, anniversary, or vacation, we all wait with anticipation. To make that wait more bearable, you can get a cool countdown app for your iPhone or iPad and these are some of the best.
Criteria and features
Here are a couple of the things we looked for when creating this list of countdown apps for iPhone and iPad.
- Any date or event: You’ll find tons of countdown apps specifically for Christmas and New Year’s. But, there are other events that we look forward to as well. So, we want an app that lets you count down to any date or event.
- Nice appearance: Of course, you want to see something attractive when you look at your countdown. We looked for apps with photos, colors, and nice-looking countdown clocks.
- Multiple countdowns: We don’t just have one day a year that’s important to us. So, an app that lets you count down to multiple dates and events is more appealing.
Countdown!! lets you easily set up your countdowns with flexible units like months, days, hours, minutes, seconds, and even heartbeats.
Countdown!! notable features:
- Custom reminders for your countdowns alert you from months to minutes of your upcoming events.
- Add songs to your countdowns from your music library for added enjoyment.
- Customize the font styles and colors to match the background photos you select.
With Countdown!!, you can swipe through your countdowns, share them with others, and use the widget for a quick glance at your next event.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, and a widget
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for additional backgrounds and the premium version which has a badge countdown, slideshow mode, photo frames and filters, and no ads.
Countdown° gives you categories for your countdowns like life, work, and birthday. This lets you view all countdowns on the main screen or just the category you want.
Countdown° notable features:
- Flexible settings let you choose the date format, alarm type, theme, widget style, and more.
- Repeating events are perfect for anniversaries and birthdays.
- Share countdowns with a tap using your default sharing options.
Countdown° gives you attractive themes and multiple countdowns using the number of days. You can also import events from your calendar and select from a couple widget styles.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Apple Watch, and a widget
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchase for the pro version which removes the ads.
Countdown Star is the ideal app for those who want to adjust the countdown right on the clock. The event displays from the number of years down to the seconds and you can move the slider to change that display.
Countdown Star notable features:
- Display your events on both the widget and your Apple Watch so your countdowns are always at your fingertips.
- Choose from a variety of backgrounds for your countdowns. You can also snap a photo or select a picture from your photo library.
- Access all your countdowns with a swipe to the right and choose a favorite to be the one displayed each time you open the app.
Countdown Star is a terrific countdown app with flexible clock units, useful setting options, and a nice widget.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android, and a widget
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchase for the ad-free version.
Event Countdown Lite
Event Countdown Lite is a nifty app that displays all of your countdowns in a list and you can tap each one to see the down-to-the-second clock.
Event Countdown Lite notable features:
- Customize the appearance with a variety of color and icon combinations.
- Set notifications from a year ahead of time to right on time.
- Add notes to your countdowns for descriptions or important reminders.
Event Countdown Lite lets you invite friends to monitor your countdowns together or simply share them.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchase for the premium version which includes more icons, repeating events, cloud syncing, and ad-removal.
Countdown+ Calendar (Lite)
One more app worth checking out is Countdown+ Calendar (Lite). Choose a category for your event like birthday, vacation, wedding, or concert. Then pick a theme and adjust the font, color, and background shade.
Countdown+ Calendar (Lite) notable features:
- See your countdowns on one screen or select one to see it in full view.
- View calendar and Facebook events all in one spot.
- Set notifications for holidays and activities separately and choose the default alert time.
Countdown+ Calendar (Lite) is easy to use and set up, lets you choose the units for the countdowns from years to seconds, and offers public event settings for sharing with other users.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for additional backgrounds and image filters as well as a full version to remove the ads.
Let the countdown begin!
These countdown apps for iPhone and iPad are perfect for keeping track of how close those important events are. Do you use one of these apps or do you prefer a different one? Let us know! And, check out some of our other app lists for iPhone while you’re here.