Out of the box, Marina lets you customize the number of apps in your Dock and change how it displays on your Home Screen. Imbued with these abilities, you can make your dock both more functional and better-looking than it would be on a stock device.
After installing Marina, you’ll find a dedicated preference pane in the Settings app for configuring a bevy of Dock-related options to your liking:
Here, you’ll discover options like:
- Enable five to eleven icons in the Dock
- Hide labels from the Dock icons
- Hide the Dock’s background
- Hide the Dock in its entirety
- Hide the paging dots above the Dock
- Force the Dock to appear on the Today page of the Home screen
- Move the Dock up slightly
- Put the Dock at the top of the screen (beta and only partially-working)
- Enlarge the space dedicated to Dock icons
After configuring the tweak, you can use the respring button at the bottom of the preference pane to save your changes.
Compared to countless other Dock-related tweaks that are available in Cydia today, Marina offers a wider variety of customization options to let you get the look and feel you’re after. Personally, I like having five icons in my dock and accessing it from the Today page, but everyone uses their device differently.
If you’d like to give Marina a try, you can download it for free from Cydia’s BigBoss repository. The tweak works on all jailbroken iOS 8, 9, and 10 devices, and iOS 11 support is coming soon.
What are your thoughts about Marina’s capabilities? Share in the comments below.