Apple is making it easier for those who aren’t experts in machine learning to create their own machine learning models. They’ve released their Turi Create framework on GitHub for developers to take advantage of.
The way they describe it, “Turi Create simplifies the development of custom machine learning models. You don’t have to be a machine learning expert to add recommendations, object detection, image classification, image similarity or activity classification to your app.”
Apple highlights the benefits of Turi Create in a few bullets:
- Easy-to-use: Focus on tasks instead of algorithms
- Visual: Built-in, streaming visualizations to explore your data
- Flexible: Supports text, images, audio, video and sensor data
- Fast and Scalable: Work with large datasets on a single machine
- Ready To Deploy: Export models to Core ML for use in iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS apps
Turi create stems from Apple’s purchase of Turi back in 2016, which then formed their own machine learning division.
Apple has put a lot of efforts into machine learning recently, and this is an easy way for developers to start working on their own machine learning features. It also is ready to be used for iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
If you are interested in learning more about Turi Create, you can do so on Apple’s GitHub repo.