Depending on what kind of wallpaper you’re using on your Lock screen, a new jailbreak tweak dubbed TimeMover by iOS developer NeinZedd9 can help you re-orient your Lock screen clock to better match it.
Whether you want to move the time up or down or side-to-side slightly, or rotate it to follow the lines or effects appearing in your wallpaper, TimeMover has an intuitive tap and drag-based user interface for fine-tuning your Lock screen clock to match your unique setup.
The way the tweak works with your multitouch display is pretty ingenious, as you can see below:
TimeMover adds a preferences pane to the Settings app where you’ll find a number of options to configure:
Among the options you can tinker with are:
- Toggle tweak on or off on demand
- Toggle editing mode on or off
- Toggle fine-tuning mode on or off
- Enable automatic alignment to lines or curves
- Enable haptic feedback
- Choose placement for automatic alignment
- Disable the date subtitle
- Disable the ‘press home to unlock’ text
- Disable the page dots
- Disable Lock screen scrolling (Today/Camera)
- Enable vibrant effects
- Save up to three preferred Lock screen clock position profiles
- Reset everything to factory defaults
With finetuning and automatic alignment, there are a number of ways you can achieve the look you’re aiming for. It’s also convenient how the developer includes features for hiding various Lock screen elements since the Lock screen clock can sometimes overlap them in some cases.
I’m a fan of the multi-touch editing mode, which appears to be well thought out. In this mode, you can use two fingers to rotate the clock, pinch to resize it, and tap and drag to move the clock without much effort.
What are your thoughts about the effects of TimeMover? Share in the comments section below!