If you live in France or Turkey and don’t have a credit or debit card, you can now buy apps, media and Apple Music subscriptions from Apple’s content stores and have those purchases billed to a monthly mobile phone bill from your carrier.
iTunes carrier billing in France is currently supported for Bouygues Telecom customers.
In Turkey, the feature works with Paycell.
According to Apple, carrier billing is now available in the following countries:
- Austria (Drei)
- Belgium (Pay by Mobile)
- France (Bouygues Telecom)
- Germany (Vodafone, O2 and partner brands)
- Italy (Three)
- Japan (KDDI, Softbank and NTT DOCOMO)
- Norway (Telenor)
- Russia (Beeline and Megafon)
- Saudi Arabai (Zain)
- Singapore (M1 Limited)
- Switzerland (Swisscom)
- Taiwan (APTG, FET, Chunghwa Telecom, Taiwan Mobile and T Star)
- Turkey (Paycell)
- United Arab Emirates (Etisalat and Du)
Our step-by-step tutorial explains the process of setting up carrier billing as a payment method for App Store, iTunes Store and iBooks Store purchases across your devices.