The new iPad Pro ads really want you to believe it can replace your computer, but Cody and Sebastien are still skeptical. The two discuss some enhancements that should be made to the software rather than the hardware to make iPad a worthy laptop replacement. And of course, the guys also talk about some of the latest iPhone 8 rumors, including use of USB-C port, in-screen fingerprint reader, and more.
Support Let’s Talk iOS: Visit our Deals Store and buy something from us.
How to listen:
- New iPad Pro ad focuses on Apple Pencil
- New iPad Pro ads highlight note-taking and other productivity features
- Tim Cook: you will see Apple do more in the pro space
- Porsche Design Book One laptop
- WSJ: iPhone 8 to sport curved OLED screen, supplant Lightning with USB-C
- KGI: All 2017 iPhones to retain Lightning ports while supporting faster charging
- Apple granted yet another patent for in-screen fingerprint reader ahead of iPhone 8
- DigiTimes: iPhone 8 with in-screen fingerprint sensor entering mass production in September
- Twelve South HiRise for MacBook
- Strides: Goal & Habit Tracker
Make sure to follow your hosts on Twitter: @SebastienPage, and @melvco, Send a tweet to @LTiOS_fm if you’d like your question to be answered at the end of next week’s podcast. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments, and suggestions below. Talk to you next week!