Microsoft’s version of Solitaire has been available on Windows PCs for more than 25 years, but up until now the game has not expanded to other platforms. With Microsoft Solitaire Collection for iOS, the Windows maker is finally bringing its version of the classic card game to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Available free in the App Store, the app includes 5 of the top Solitaire games that you can play for free—Klondike, Spider, FreeCell, Tripeaks and Pyramid.
As a bonus, daily challenges will extend longevity of the game and built-in support for Xbox Live will keep your achievements, competitions and game progress in sync between Windows 10 and iOS devices.
As mentioned, the game offers daily challenges where you play “new guaranteed solvable challenges” in all five game modes with four levels of difficulty every day. By completing Daily Challenges, players will earn badges and rewards.
Here’s the description of the five Solitaire games included in the app:
- Klondike—Timeless and classic Solitaire. Clear all the cards from the table using one or three-card draw. Also try out Traditional or Vegas scoring.
- Vegas— Eight columns of cards await you. Clear them all with fewest moves possible. Play single suit or challenge yourself with four suits.
- FreeCell—Be strategic and use the four extra cells to move cards around and try to clear all cards from the table. FreeCell rewards players who think several moves ahead.
- Tripeaks—Select cards in a sequence, earn combo points, and clear as many boards as you can before you run out of deals.
- Pyramid—Combine two cards that add up to 13 to remove them from the board. Challenge yourself to reach the top of the Pyramid and clear as many boards as you can.
The 166-megaybte download includes an optional $1.99 per month subscription to remove advertising, double rewards bonuses and enable other perks.
The game requires iOS 8.0 or later.