Following a hilarious intro video with musician Pharrell and Late Late Show host James Corden, Tim Cook kicked off today’s iPhone 7 event with a barrage of stats and updates. As usual, we’ve rounded up some of the more interesting points for you below.
- Apple Music now has 17 million subscribers
- Over 30 million songs now available
- App Store has crossed 140 billion app downloads
- App Store now has 500,000 games
- As part of ConnectED program, Apple giving iPads to more than 50K students
- Apple also donating iPads/Macs to over 4,500 Teachers
- Pokemon GO has been downloaded more than 500 million times, coming to Apple Watch
Stay tuned to iDB for my coverage of today’s iPhone 7 event.