Reposting Instagram photos and videos is easier said than done. For starters, the mobile Instagram app lacks the option to natively repost someone else’s media so people usually screenshot Instagram photos to post as their own.
Reposting, also known as regramming, is quite a common practice, even though the Instagram application doesn’t provide a way to easily do that. Instead, you must use third-party applications. In this post, we will show you how to repost Instagram photos and videos from your iPhone using an app called Regrammer.
How to repost Instagram photos
1) In the Instagram app, find the photo or video you want to repost. When you have found it, tap on the ” … ” icon above it. This will bring up several options. Select Copy Link. Note that if the profile is set to private, you will not be able to copy the link.
2) Download and launch the Regrammer app on your iPhone. The app should paste the link automatically. If it doesn’t, past the link manually into the text field. Then hit Preview.
3) Tap on the Repost icon.
4) From the menu that opens, select Copy to Instagram. This will effectively copy the photo to Instagram for you to edit and repost.
5) From there, you can choose a filter, write a caption, and repost the photo to your Instagram account.
Before signing off, let me just briefly mention a few noteworthy things regarding reposting other people’s photos and videos on Instagram.
Proper ways to credit the original Instagramer
The best way to avoid any problems is to credit the original Instagramer:
- Watermark reposted media
- Tag the original poster using Instagram’s people-tagging feature
- Give the original poster a shout-out in caption, like “Re-posted from @username” or ”Original image via @username” or some such
Instagram clearly states that the photos posted on the service belong to the original photographer. If you repost someone else’s work without properly crediting them, your account may get banned. Depending on where you live, posting or reposting copyrighted content without permission may be a violation of the law.
Need help? Ask iDB!
Got stuck? Not sure how to do certain things on your Apple device? Let us know at help@iDownloadBlog.com and a future tutorial might provide a solution. You can also submit your how-to suggestions at tips@iDownloadBlog.com.