The Mac edition of Tweetbot, Tapbots’ popular Twitter client, has received an update this morning in the Mac App Store. The refreshed app now supports El Capitan’s Split View multitasking mode and can be taken to OS X’s native full screen mode as well.
With design refinements made to match Tweetbot 4 for iOS, this edition of Tweetbot for Mac also brings out muting changes and introduces an overahuled tweet details view that now shows conversation and replies in the same order as its iOS counterpart.
Tweetbot 2.2 for OS X changelog
The full list of changes is as follows:
- Fullscreen support and split screen support in 10.11
- Tweet details now show conversation and replies in the same order as Tweetbot 4 for iOS.
- Control-click on the fav button and fav from any of your accounts.
- Muted keywords can now optionally mute lists and searches.
- Various color changes to match Tweetbot 4 for iOS.
- Fixed an issue where “Find Users” when composing a tweet could end up with no results.
- Main menu: added Tweet > Share > Message Tweet and Open in Browser.
- Various bug fixes.
This update is free for existing users of the app.
Tweetbot requires an Intel-based Mac with OS X 10.10 Mavericks or later.