Todoist, the advanced to-do list and task manager for iOS and OS X, is now available for the Apple Watch. The app delivers a number of powerful features for managing tasks to your wrist, including Inbox, Today view, Projects, Filters and Labels. A Glance view gives you a quick overview of your upcoming tasks.
You can also respond to rich notifications with natural language processing. The main app provides more details related to your tasks and projects, allowing you to review tasks and projects, create new ones using dictation and much more.
If you choose to install the Todoist glance, you’ll be able to quickly see how many tasks you have due for the day simply by swiping up from the watch face.
In addition to the glance, two of your most important views—the Inbox and Today—are there right at the top of the main app, which ensures you don’t miss out on anything of importance.
Using hidden menus available through Force Touch, Todoist for Apple Watch makes it easy to zero in on projects, labels and filters, with the Filters view listing only tasks assigned to you.
Adding a new task from your wrist is easy with dictation, but here’s the real kicker: Todoist will recognize any natural language you input to the task, including due dates.
When you happen to be near a certain location defined in your task, or at the exact date or time associated with your task, Todoist will send a gentle reminder to your wrist in the form of a gentle buzz.
You can then snooze or complete a task from the notification itself, or even dictate a response such as “postpone to tomorrow.”
If someone assigns you a new task, invites you to a new project or more, you’ll also receive related notifications on your wrist.
Check out the Apple Watch component in action in the video below.
The 18.6-megabyte app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 8.0 or later.
With today’s update, Todoist tasks, to-dos and reminders flow freely between your Mac, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac devices.
Todoist 10.1 changelog:
Todoist for Apple Watch
- Dictate tasks, deadlines, and recurring due dates with Voice Command: The time it takes to get your ideas out of your head and onto your to-do list is virtually eliminated.
- Receive reminders based on your tasks’ due date and time or at a specific location: There’s nothing more distracting than the nagging worry you’ll forget something important. Now, you can rest easy knowing your Apple Watch will give you reminders when and where you need them right on your wrist. There’s no chance you’ll forget them.
- View your next upcoming task in Glance View: Do away with distractions and focus on the one thing you really need to get done.
- Get notified of new comments: Stay in the loop on what’s happening with your shared tasks and keep your collaborative projects running along smoothly.
- Get access to all of your projects, task lists, labels, and filters: Use these lists to turn unproductive moments (like standing in line and riding the bus) into valuable opportunities to review your upcoming to-dos.
Today and Share Extensions updates
- Today Widget: While not much has changed on the surface, we did a ton of behind-the-scenes work to make the Today Widget faster, smoother, and more reliable. We think it’s going to make a huge difference when you want to manage your tasks quickly without having to launch the app.
- Share Extension: Our Share extension allows you to save pretty much any item from any of your iOS apps in Todoist. For this update, we completely rebuilt the UI to make it faster and much more pleasant to capture tasks from anywhere on your iPhone or iPad. We also added in our intelligent new date parser so you can add even your most complex recurring due dates right from the Share extension screen.