As promised in November, Google today released a new Calendar app for iPhone. The app features the company’s highly regarded Material Design UI, and a host of powerful features that should appease folks in the Google ecosystem.
Among those features is its close integration with Gmail, allowing it to cull data from your inbox. So say you receive a confirmation email after purchasing concert tickets, the app will automatically add that event to your calendar.
- A new Schedule View – See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you’re going.
- Events from Gmail – Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
- Assists to fill in your calendar – You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
- Different ways to view your calendar – Speedily switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once.
- All your calendars in one, easy place – Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange and iCloud.
You can find Google Calendar in the App Store for free.