Fans of racing games, listen up! The official mobile game of the FIA World Rally Championship has been released in the App Store.
Developed by Firebrand Games and published by Bigben Interactive, WRC The Official Game for the iPhone and iPad includes official content of the 2014 FIA World Rally Championship, including eighteen licensed cars, and lets you play as any of the seventeen official drivers to win a total of thirteen official events of the 2014 WRC calendar.
While previous official titles have been something of a disappointment, WRC The Official Game looks promising, at least graphics-wise, so here’s hoping it doesn’t ruin the fun with inaccurate and unresponsive controls.
Check out the promotional video below.
Detailed graphics remind me of the Colin McRae Rally series, especially simulated weather conditions, real-time realistic damage and various surfaces.
Should you find the included touch/motion controls lacking, the game packs in support for MFi game controllers that provide greater driving precision and accuracy.
- Drive the 18 official cars of the World Rally Championship.
- Prestigious cars: Citroën DS3 WRC, Ford Fiesta RS WRC, Hyundai i20 WRC, Polo R WRC etc.
- Play as any one of the 17 official drivers, or create your own.
- Play with a brand new team: the WRC World Rally Team.
- Compete in the 13 official WRC rally races and win the Championship.
- Win 60 special stages around the world: Monte Carlo, Argentina, Finland, Wales.
- Drive on all surfaces and in all weather conditions.
- Discover a system of realistic damage, visible in real time.
- Go back a few seconds at any time in the race with the Rewind feature.
- Repair your vehicle between races, but be careful: time is limited.
- Touchscreen or motion-detector controls.
- Three cameras available, including one on the front of the bonnet.
- Customizable interface.
- Compatible with many different game controllers for even more precision.
- Unlock lots of achievements.
- Take on the entire world in the online rankings to find out who is the fastest.
The installer comes in at 687 megabytes.
The game requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 7.0 or later.