Created by Ironhide Game Studio, Kingdom Rush Origins is a prequel to both the original Kingdom Rush game and the sequel titled Kingdom Rush Frontiers.
Once again, the player will be tasked with defending mystical lands from sea serpents, Gnoll tribes, enchanted creatures and twilight elves and commanding an arsenal of “unique towers, epic heroes and mighty powers that will help you crush your foes and save the world once again.”
The game features a bunch of new levels and spells, eight new special towers, thirty new enemies, nine new heroes, more than seventy achievements, three difficulty modes and more.
If you’re into tower defense games, then Kingdom Rush Origins could be for you. Check out the game trailer below.
- Re-enter the world of Kingdom Rush: visit mysterious elven forests, magical faery realms and even floating ruins of an ancient metropolis.
- Unleash the power of the elves with brand new towers and troops! Elf Archers, Mystic Mages, Stone Druids and the Elven Infantry make up the backbone of your army.
- Discover eight new specialized tower upgrades with over 18 abilities! Vanquish your enemies with elven marksmen, runed bears, magic-wielding wizards, and even giant animated trees.
- Take up arms against 30 new enemy types and engage in epic boss battles! Face hordes of Gnolls, giant spiders, and the terrible Twilight army.
- Master and upgrade nine legendary heroes and their awesome powers and spells.
- Rain lightning, summon reinforcements, and use each hero’s unique power to obliterate scores of enemies.
- Immerse yourself in hours of gameplay with over 70 achievements, with three difficulty modes for the newbs and veterans alike.
- Play different game modes – Classic, Iron, and Heroic – and prove your mettle as a master tactician.
- Purchase new-and-improved equipment using your hard earned gems in a revamped Gnome shop.
- Study your enemies and your towers with an in-game encyclopedia.
The iPhone edition is a 157-megabyte download while the iPad version comes in at 332 megabytes. iOS 7.0 or later is required.
The original Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush HD are priced at 99 cents and $2.99, respectively. The sequel, Kingdom Rush Frontiers and Kingdom Rush Frontiers HD, will set you back $2.99 and $4.99, respectively.