Walmart on Wednesday announced that it is launching a number of its Black Friday sales a week early. In a press release, the company said that its ‘Pre-Black Friday Event’ will kick off at 8 a.m. on November 21, and give customers an early taste of its Black Friday prices.
A number of items are being discounted in the sale, including iPhones and iPads. Walmart will be offering 16GB iPhone 6 models for $179 (with two-year service agreement), along with a free $75 gift card, and 16GB Wi-Fi iPad Air 2 models for $489 with a $100 gift card.
“The retail environment is incredibly competitive and we know that our customers are looking to us for the lowest prices all season long,” said Walmart’s Duncan Mac Naughton. “That’s why we’ve more than doubled the amount of items included in our Pre-Black Friday Event.”
Here are some of the more notable deals from the release:
- Samsung 58” Class Smart LED HDTV – $698 (special buy)
- Samsung 40” Class LED HDTV with “Frozen Sing-Along Edition” – $298 (special buy)
- New iPad Air 2 16 GB, WiFi – $489 with a $100 Walmart gift card
- Get a $75 gift card with the purchase of the iPhone 6 or 5s
- iPhone 6 available for $179 or iPhone 5s for $79 with a two year service agreement on Sprint, AT&T or Verizon
- iPhone 6 and 5s available for $0 down for AT&T Next or Verizon Edge customers – plans available in select markets
After Walmart’s Pre-Black Friday Event comes the “New Black Friday,” which kicks off online Thanksgiving morning and in-stores at 6 p.m. later that day. The sale will continue through the weekend to Cyber Monday. Obviously, inventory and pricing may vary by location.