Since announcing an enhanced edition of its classic role-playing game (RPG), Icewind Dale, on mobile and desktop in early September, Canada-based developers Beamdog and Overhaul Games spent much of the past weeks finishing up the game and trying to get it approved by Apple.
It’s finally here now. Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition for the iPhone and iPad, a Dungeons & Dragons game set in Wizards of The Coast’s legendary Forgotten Realms, delivers new magic armor, new weapons, unlock able spells and items, nearly three dozen new kits and character classes “allowing a new generation of players to experience this epic adventure”.
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is set in the northernmost reaches of the Forgotten Realms, in the region of icy tundra known as Icewind Dale.
Your must journey deep into the Spine of the World Mountains, a harsh and unforgiving territory, and confront an evil beneath the carven glaciers and mountainsides that wants to wreak destruction upon the face of Faerûn.
The game includes the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansion packs and of course all of the quests from the original game, restored and improved for the Enhanced Edition.
- Swords and Sorcery: Discover dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons.
- Blackguards and Wizard Slayers: Select from over 30 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party.
- Bring A Friend: Join your fellow adventurers in cooperative, cross-platform multiplayer games.
- See The Unseen: Explore quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored.
- More to Experience: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition includes both the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansion packs.
The game is available for the Mac, Windows and Linux PCs, the iPad and iPhone devices and Android tablets and phones.