In addition to music playback and navigating your favorites and playlists from the built-in display in CarPlay-enabled cars, Rdio 3.0.4 has a handy new control to adjust streaming quality (should prove indispensable to those concerned about cellular data usage).
Moreover, this update adds support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus screen sizes, iOS 8’s Interactive Notifications (you can play music and follow other users directly from an alert) plus other nice-to-haves mentioned after the jump.
Rdio 3.0.4 changelog:
- New and updated for iOS 8:
- Interactive Notifications. Play music and follow people directly from an Rdio push notification.
- CarPlay Support. Control Rdio playback and navigate your favorites and playlists from the built-in display in CarPlay-enabled cars.
- Optimized Visuals. Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus with high-resolution images and album artwork.
- Other updates:
- Higher Sound Quality. Adjust the sound quality of streaming music and downloads from data-efficient 64 kbps all the way up to pristine-quality 320 kbps.
- Various UI improvements and minor bug fixes.
The 52-megabyte iPhone and iPad app requires iO 6.0 or later. Not in one of the markets supported by Rdio’s free streaming? Not a problem, subscriptions are just tap away through In-App Purchases, starting at a very competitive eight bucks per month.
[App Store, Rdio Blog]