Aspyr Media, the games publisher specializing in porting top AAA games to the Mac, on Tuesday announced immediate release of Borderlands: The Pre Sequel, the latest installment in the popular Borderlands franchise by 2K and Gearbox Software.
Combining aspects of shooters and role-playing games, the game has you floating through the air while taking enemies down from above using new ice and laser weapons, exploring the lunar landscape with new vehicles allowing for more levels of destructive mayhem while gradually unfolding the story behind Borderlands 2 villain, Handsome Jack and his rise to power.
As the game’s title suggests, Borderlands: The Pre Sequel is set between the original Borderlands and Borderlands 2.
Check out the launch trailer below.
- Bring mayhem to the Moon
- Feel the moon’s low gravity with every jump and stomp.
- Cause mayhem with new weapons equipped with ice and laser capabilities!
- New enemies offer a space-based twist!
- The rise of Handsome Jack
- Witness Handsome Jack’s rise to power.
- Dive deep into the origins of iconic Borderlands villains.
- Turn the tables and experience Handsome Jack’s side of the story.
- A new class of antiheroes
- Play as one of four new character classes, including Wilhelm the Enforcer, Nisha the Lawbringer, and
- Athena the Gladiator.
- Play as a combat-ready Claptrap prototype for the first-time!
- Experience the gray morality of working alongside Handsome Jack.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for Mac, Linux and Windows PCs is available today in North America for $59.99 through Aspyr’s GameAgent.com distribution platform and via Valve’s Steam. The game is due internationally this Friday, October 17.
Minimum system requirements:
- Operating System: 10.9.4 (Mavericks)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800
- Video Card (Intel): HD4000
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
- Gamepad support: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel supports the Playstation 4 Dualshock 4, the Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controllers and the Xbox 360 for Windows wired controller
The following video chipsets are unsupported:
- ATI RADEON X1000 Series
- ATI RADEON HD 2400
- NVIDIA 8600mNVIDIA 9400m, 9600m
- Intel Integrated GMA 950
- Intel Integrated x3100
Keep in mind that Borderlands: The Pre Sequel is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
Graphics on the Mac are awesome, take a look at the screenshots below.
As for a Mac App Store version, Aspyr previously said it’s due later this month.
Linux fans can buy a fully featured Borderlands 2 and all available downloadable content today on Steam and GameAgent.com with a huge 75 percent discount on Borderlands 2, for a limited time.
Both Mac and Linux versions support cross-platform Steam multiplayer and content delivered through SHiFT.