App Store games that use your iPhone as a motion controller are few and far between. Aside from the interesting Motion Tennis and the quite addictive Dance Party, both produced by Rolocule Games, I haven’t played any other game that would AirPlay action through the Apple TV and turn my iOS device into a Wii-like controller.
That’s why I was so excited about Ubisoft’s Just Dance Now, a new take on the world’s #1 rhythm-based dance game in which you’re challenged to use an iPhone as your motion controller. Just Dance Now is available on a freemium basis so In-App Purchases are unavoidable. Jump past the fold for the full reveal.
To use your iPhone or iPod touch to track your moves and score your dance, you must first launch the game on www.justdancenow.com and follow the on-screen instructions to link your app.
Once that’s done, you can start using your iOS device to follow the dancers on the big screen. You don’t even need Apple’s $99 set-top box as Just Dance Now is smart enough to use your iPad as a connected screen.
If these kinds of games are your cup of tea, Just Dance Now should be lots of fun. The app even has a DanceCam feature to record videos of moves and share them with friends and family on social media.
If you want, you can purchase a $9.99 monthly or $19.99 three-month subscription for unlimited access to the full song catalog, in addition to the ability to host an unlimited number of dance sessions and invite all of your friends to join you for free.
- No limit to the number of players!
- You can either play solo or dance with all your friends and family!
- Everyone can participate!
- Try out a selection of songs from the Just Dance catalogue for free!
- Buy a VIP Pass (2) to access the full catalogue of songs from legendary hits to today’s top tracks.
- Check out the new tracks added regularly
- Use your iPhone/iPod touch to record your friends dancing with the DanceCam feature
- Share your video on Facebook at the end of the dance session to keep track of your favorite moments.
- Access your personal stats at any time!
- Connect to Facebook and check out your friends’ performances and share yours!
- Browse the song catalogue to plan your next dance session!
The 64.2-megabyte universal app is compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad supported by iOS 6.0 or later. An Internet connection is required to play Just Dance Now.
The game will release on “all motion control platforms” in October.