Following a June update, the Internet giant today released a major new version of its Shopping Express application for the iPhone and iPad.
The official iOS client of Google’s same-day delivery service, version 2.0, now live in the App Store, brings same-day and overnight delivery to more cities while introducing several enhancements to the built-in search feature.
You can now use the app to buy wine, beer and spirits and have them delivered to your doorstep, if you live in San Francisco or the San Francisco Peninsula. And people who shop at Costco can now purchase their Costco membership and shop Costco in the same session…
In addition to Costco, the app supports same-day delivery for stuff sold at Target and Walgreens stores. As a reminder, most of the products listed inside the app have the same prices you’d find in-store.
The software features secure payments through the Google Wallet mobile payment service and lets you quickly re-order your favorite products. And if you’re new to Shopping Express, you’ll enjoy free delivery for up to six months, with some caveats.
Here’s your changelog:
- Same-day delivery now available in West Los Angeles and Manhattan! (As always, find us in San Francisco and SF Peninsula)
- Overnight delivery available in select zones
- Get wine, beer, and spirits delivered to your door. (Available only in San Francisco and SF Peninsula)
- Enhanced search allows you to find what you need, fast
- Buy your Costco membership and shop Costco in the same session
The 12.6MB download runs fine on any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad capable of supporting iOS 6.0 or later.