HBO, the premium cable and satellite television network owned by Time Warner (which itself could get acquired by Rupert Murdoch-owned 21st Century Fox) today has enabled iPhone owners to enjoy the worlds from the successful Game of Thrones book and television series.
Having originally launched on the iPad in time for Season 4 debut in late-March, developer Disruptor Beam once again teamed up with Kongregate, having bumped the game to version 2.0 and adding native support for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Jump past the fold for the specifics…
The companion app lets you immerse yourself beyond the Game of Thrones books and show, living the life of a noble in Westeros and working with or against other players in an authentic game world.
Taking part in thousands of story-driven quests, players delve deeply into the lore and develop their own lands and reputation among the Great Houses.
Players explore an expansive world filled with deep political and social play involving diplomatic agreements, pacts, marriages, and betrothals.
Through Alliance challenges, players work with hundreds of others to accomplish great tasks and rise to the top of the Power Rankings.
Check out additional iPhone screenshots below.
In addition to the native iPhone/iPad support and bug fixes for iPad players, this version includes the following enhancements and improvements:
- Game of Thrones Ascent is now available on iPhone as well as iPad!
- Font optimizations and improvements across the entire game!
- Many tutorial and prologue improvements for our players.
- The Forging Bonds volume tab now appears in the quest window and the Lorebook.
- PtP Patrols are now available, and PtP should be more responsive and accurate than ever!
- Building stats should now update more frequently and be more accurate.
- Fixed an issue where some items could become greyed out and unusable.
- Alliance chat fixes and optimizations.
- Fixed Adventure Party boon images being stretched.
- And many, many more fixes, optimizations, and improvements
The universal 90.6MB download requires iOS 6.0 or later.