Amazon today said that its mobile ad network is now available on iOS. Makers of iPhone and iPad apps can now take advantage of Amazon’s Mobile Ads API to make money by inject into their apps banner and interstitial ads from premium advertisers participating in the Amazon Mobile Ad Network.
Moreover, the online retailer will add support for its own Fire smartphone beginning July 25, when it’s scheduled to launch…
According to Amazon’s media release, they’re also expanding ad serving to users in Spain and Italy across Android and iOS.
“Starting today, the Amazon Mobile Ad Network is serving ads to Android and iOS users in the US, the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy,” reads the press release.
If you’re a developer, this is how you can get started with the Amazon Mobile Ads API:
- Sign in or register for a free developer Amazon Apps & Games Developer Portal account. If you do not already have one, you will be prompted to create an account.
- Submit your payment and tax information. (Skip this step if you have already submitted this information).
- Get an Application Key by navigating to the Mobile Ads tab under ‘APPS & SERVICES’ and clicking on “Register New iOS App”.
- Download and integrate the Amazon Mobile Ads API here.
- Submit your app to iTunes.
iOS developers must use iOS 6.0 or later and at least Xcode 5.1.1 to use the Amazon Mobile Ads API for iOS. Supported banner sizes include 300×50, 320×50 and 300×250 ad units for phones and 300×250, 728×90, and 1024×50 ads for tablets.
Ad targeting supports several options, such as geolocation (US only), age and gender.
For a limited time, when developers send the first ad request from a qualified app (now includes iOS), they will receive a guaranteed $6 CPM on interstitial ads, up to a maximum of one million impressions per app per month.
This document has more information on Interstitial ads.
It’s a clever move on Amazon’s part: with cross-platform support, mobile app makers can now place both banner and interstitial ads across Android, iOS and Fire OS devices.