As promised, publishing label 2K Games and developer Firaxis today released Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2, a mobile exclusive game filed as the long-awaited sequel to the iOS and console port of the 2008 PC original, Civilization Revolution, which was a turn-based strategy game.
The game is now available in the App Store as a premium $14.99 download for the iPhone and iPad.
With new units, new technology, new buildings and wonders, updated 3D graphics and new historic events and battles available in the Scenario Mode, Civilization Revolution 2 is a no-brainer for true fans of Sid Meier’s sim games…
An excerpt from the PR:
The sequel to one of the most successful strategy games on mobile is here! Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 challenges players to build a glorious empire that will stand the test of time.
This is the first game in the Civilization catalog to be developed and available exclusively for mobile devices. Civilization Revolution 2 offers mobile strategy fans a brand new 3D presentation and more tactical depth than ever before! Find out if you have what it takes to rule the world!
Civilization Revolution 2 features sixteen historical leaders found in the first game and new ones featured in the series for the first time, including Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, Napoleon, Churchill and Kennedy.
Touch controls have been created specifically with mobile devices and iOS controllers in mind. Kotaku has an early look at the game, check it out in the video embedded right below.
- New Units – strengthen your military might with brand new combat units including Aircraft Carriers, Jet Fighters and Special Forces.
- New Technology – race to science supremacy with new technology such as: Lasers, Modern Medicine and Information Technology
- New Buildings & Wonders – grow and expand your civilization like never before with new buildings and wonders including Nuclear Power Plant, The Red Cross and Silicon Valley
- Enhanced 3D Graphics – updated 3D graphics taking full advantage of iOS devices graphical capability
- Scenario Challenges – reenact historic events and battles in the Scenario Mode
The game is compatible with the iPhone 4s or newer, fifth-generation iPod touch and iPad 2 or newer. iOS 7.0 or later is required.