iPhone photography buffs, pay notice: Facebook-owned Instagram is rolling out a major version 6.0 update to its mobile apps. Available free in the App Store, Instagram’s iPhone app now comes with ten new tools making photo editing before posting a lot easier.
There are also other features in this update, including more efficient video sharing, an improved design and bug fixes. Jump past the fold for details…
Instagram now allows for much finer control of your filters: just double tap on a filter to bring up a menu with sliders to adjust the filter strength.
The company explains:
When you go to select a filter, you’ll now see a new wrench icon. Tap it and you’ll find a tray of photo editing tools ready for you to explore. You can also now adjust how much of a filter you apply to a photo by double tapping the filter icon.
The new filters include Adjust, Vignette, Warmth and Saturation.
Moreover, you can finally adjust brightness, contrast, highlights and shadows using the new controls and sharpen your photos using the Sharpen tool.
Instagram 6.0 changelog:
• Double-tap on filters to adjust the filter strength
• Perfect your composition with Adjust and Vignette
• Enrich colors with Warmth and Saturation
• Adjust lights and darks with Brightness, Contrast, Highlights and Shadows
• Make your photos crisp and clear with Sharpen
• It’s now easier to upload and share videos
• Improved design and bug fixes
An iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6.0 is required.