Following its February 2013 debut, the freemium game has thus far received at least a dozen content updates, each of which is a winner in its own right. For example, in mid-April it’s brought us open-wheel vehicles and other treats.
Today’s ‘Le Mans’ update puts you behind the wheel of the Le Mans Prototypes – the ultimate endurance racing cars. It also includes the eagerly-awaited night racing mode on the classic Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans, the ability to link up to four devices via Bluetooth for an immersive split-screen multiplayer and much more…
Check out the trailer, featuring the new Le Mans track.
In addition to the aforementioned goodies and a host of multiplayer improvements, you can now enjoy an all-new four player split-screen Party Play racing mode.
After earning your own free Porsche 919 Hybrid at Le Mans, race in the Time Trial competition to win a trip to a Porsche Sport Driving School! Then kick back with friends for big screen multiplayer fun in Party Play mode.
This game just keeps getting better and better – my only wish is they let me add body kits and spoilers.
Speaking of which, this update is prompting me to think that I’d really die to see an official F1 Real Racing game from Electronic Arts and Firemonkeys.
Anyways, features included in this 2.3.0 update include:
• Next Generation Le Mans Prototypes – Porsche’s 919 Hybrid, Audi’s R18 e-tron Quattro, Toyota’s TS040 Hybrid.
• An Epic Le Mans Campaign – Pursue victory in this unique series of challenges and goals.
• Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans – Race on the world’s foremost endurance racing circuit, watching the sun go down and the night set in.
• Party Play – Connect Bluetooth controllers and race with up to 4 friends in local split-screen multiplayer, perfect for the big screen!
• Porsche Time Trial Competition – Race your Porsche 919 Hybrid to win a trip to a Porsche Sport Driving School!
• Real-Time Multiplayer Improvements – Penalties for cutting corners, better results calculations, improved latency handling, and more!
The massive 1.29GB download requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad device capable of supporting iOS 5.1.1 or later.