Apple has named the popular app Fun Golf GPS 3D its App of the Week this week. This means that between now and next Thursday, you’ll be able to pick up the application for both your iPhone and iPad for free—a huge savings of $20.
For those unfamiliar with the software, it’s essentially a digital caddie. It’s capable of tracking your shots, showing you distance to pin, and recommending clubs. And it features 3D maps of nearly 32,000 golf courses from around the world…
From Apple’s App of the Week note:
FunGolf is the only golf GPS application that features 3D maps with close to 32,000 golf courses in the world! No subscription or annual fees. FunGolf tracks your position on a course, shows the yardages, recommends the right club, keeps track of your shots and presents your golf course on a precise 3D map. It is a dream app for every golfer.
And here are some of the app’s top features:
– High-contrast 3D maps, visible even in bright sun light.
– Intelligent indicators showing the yardages to the green and hazards in play, updated as you move on the course.
– Automatic club suggestion: Based not only on your per-club distances, but also on your current lie.
– Offline maps: No internet connection is needed while you play. Go abroad and play without even thinking of your data plan.
– Scorecard management: FunGolf displays your score, even in stableford. It will even simulate your handicap index after playing a round.
– Rounds data synchronisation: enter your score on your iPhone, review it on your iPad.
– Pro-grade statistics: see how your game improves over time with incredible stats like Average score, Average Putts per hole, Greens in Regulation.
Finally, here’s a clip of the app in action:
Summer is almost here, which for many folks means frequent outings to the local golf course. And for those of you looking to snag a technological edge, this is your chance. You can find Fun Golf GPS 3D in the App Store, for iPhone and iPad, for free.