Following up on last month’s release of Doomsday level pack for its atmospheric sidescrolling platformer taking place in a beautifully rendered fairytale forest, developer Frogmind today issued another major update to Badland which enables a co-operative mode for up to four players.
There are also new missions – 120 new ones to be exact – as well as seven new achievements and a couple technical improvements in the latest version of this 2013 App Store iPad Game of the Year and the winner of the 2013 Apple Design Award.
The new version sporting the aforementioned goodies is free for folks who’ve purchased the game. Badland is otherwise a $3.99 value…
They’ve changed the old icon (left) to reflect new levels (right).
Here’s everything that’s new in Badland 2.1:
• Update #15 brings Co-Operative Mode to Badland
• Survive all the 40 modified DAY I levels together with your friends!
• Supports up to four players playing with the same device either with touches or controllers
• Includes 120 new missions and 7 new achievements
• Improvement: select random levels easily in the multiplayer mode
• Improvement: result screen now shows the level name in replay
• Bug fix: ‘Clonetron’ hit-nothing mission works now
• Improvements to the ‘Accelerator’ level
The game requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 5.1.1 or later.