Good news gamers, the official mobile version of Trials is now available. First revealed at E3 last year, Ubisoft’s Trials Frontier is a mobile-exclusive entry in the popular stunt biking series, and it landed in the App Store this morning with support for both the iPhone and iPad.
For those unfamiliar with Trials, it’s a long-running platform racing franchise famous for its crazy characters and physics-based gameplay. And this new mobile version adds in a mix of social features, allowing you to challenge your friends and compete against other racers…
From the App Store description:
Explore a vast world on your motorcycle. Compete against your friends on Global Leaderboards. Master physics-based tracks to challenge the world’s top riders for the best times. Race your motorcycle through a world of adventure, crazy characters, and unfairly addictive tracks!
With Trials Frontier, award-winning developer RedLynx brings its best-selling and critically-acclaimed Trials series to mobile for the first time.
Built from the ground up for touch-based controls, Trials Frontier combines the AMAZING, physics-based gameplay of Trials with a big, bold world of adventure.
The game itself is rather extensive, offering 10 beautiful environments to race in and more than 70 unique tracks. This combined with over 250 racing missions equates to over 50 hours of gameplay. You can also upgrade your abilities by collecting loot and unlocking new skills.
Here are some more top features:
– Master challenging physics-based gameplay that just feels right. Trials Frontier controls and physics are unrivaled on iOS!
– More MISSIONS than you can shake a stick at! You’ll be doing some SERIOUSLY CRAZY STUFF on that bike!
– 9 bikes across 3 tiers, each with their own upgrade paths – UPGRADE ALL THE THINGS!
– PERFECTED GHOST RACING. Race any ghost on the leaderboards of any track!
– Invite and challenge your Facebook friends and make the competition personal!
– Tired of “Always On” games requiring constant internet connection to play? So are we! Race to your hearts content with NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED!
And here is a video of the game in action:
Obviously the words ‘free-to-play’ and ‘social game’ tend to scare folks away, but the fact that you can play offline with no Internet connection bodes well for the title. Also, from what I’ve seen, most of the in-app purchases only come into play when upgrading your motorcycle and skills.
At any rate, the game looks like it’d be worth checking out—particularly for previous Trials fans. If you’re interested, you can find Trials Frontier in the App Store for free. You must be on iOS 6.1 or later, and it’s recommended that you have an iPhone 4s, iPod touch 5 and iPad 2 or later.