We recently published a post about how to send a group email from your Mac. You’d think that doing that from your iPhone would be just as straightforward, but unfortunately, it is not. Of course, some of you may think it’s easy to send a group email on iPhone. Just fire up the Mail app, and add in every contact you want to send the email to.
That sure works, but it’s not very practical, especially if you want to send an email to a group of 20 contacts for example. We do have a better solution to offer you, and in this post, we will show you how to send a group email from iPhone using an app called Connect.
As always, there are tons of apps that can help you send emails to a group of contacts, but I’ve found that Connect works fairly well, especially given its price tag (yes, it is free). If for some reason you do no want to use the Connect app, we will list a few alternatives at the bottom of this post.
Read on to find out how to easily and quickly mass email a group of contacts…
Prerequisites: obviously, before emailing a group from your iPhone, you have to make sure you have created contact groups. We have published two tutorials that should guide you though the process:
How to send an email to a group of contacts on iPhone
1) Download Connect and launch the application. When prompted to allow the app to access your contacts, agree to it.
2) In List mode, you will see your groups of contacts towards the top of the app. If you have only one group, you will obviously only see one. Tap and hold your finger on the group you want to send an email to.
3) You will be given several options. Tap on the Email icon.
4) You will now be able to select what contacts from the group will receive the email. By default, all contacts are selected. You can easily uncheck contacts so they do not receive this email. Tap OK when you’re done.
Note: if you have several email addresses listed for a contact, the app will ask you which one you want to use by default. You will have to tell the app once, and it will remember what default email address to use in the future for each contact, if applicable.
5) A new message sheet should now appear on your screen. You will notice that the “To:” field has been automatically populated with all the contacts from your group.
6) Just type in your email as you usually do and tap Send when done.
As you can see, sending an email to a list from your iPhone is pretty simple, although it would be even simpler if you were able to do that without the need of a third party application.