Amazon quietly launched a new mobile application yesterday called Amazon Seller. As the name suggests, the app was designed to help individuals and businesses manage their product listings on Amazon’s Marketplace and communicate with their customers.
The app offers a suite of mobile tools that will allow sellers to perform a wide range of functions on their mobile phones. These functions include the scanning of barcodes on items, price checking, viewing sales ranking and reviews and even the listing of products…
Here’s a list of the things you can do with Amazon Seller:
- Search for new items to sell on Amazon. Check current prices, sales rank, and customer reviews of items on Amazon by using text search or scanning barcodes.
- Estimate the profitability of your items before you sell. Add product cost information to see the estimated profitability of your items after primary Selling on Amazon and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) fees.
- List your items for sale. Create listings on Amazon.com quickly and easily.
- Respond to customer messages. Provide great customer service by responding to customer questions quickly with the app.
- Support from Amazon. Have a question about selling on Amazon? Use the app to contact Seller Support.
- Secure access to your Amazon Seller account. All activity is routed through Amazon’s servers.
An app like this has long been a missing piece of the e-commerce giant’s seller ecosystem. Until now, sellers have been forced to turn to third-party apps like SellerMobile to fill the gap in mobile management—many of which charged monthly fees for their services.
So despite Amazon Seller lacking a few of the more advanced features that some of the more-seasoned apps offer, its launch is great news for sellers. There’s no monthly fees, and the fact that all activity will be routed through Amazon’s services offers peace of mind.
At the time of this writing the app requires a US-based Amazon Sellers account and an iOS device—theres on Android version yet. But if you meet those prerequisites, and you’re interested in checking it out, you can find Amazon Seller in the App Store for free.