Quick, what could be better than mini golf? Mini golf, with robots, in outer space – of course! Enter Astro Golf by Bolder Games, now available for the iPhone and iPad for $1.99, or half its regular price to celebrate the launch.
The game marries sci-fi concept to adventure elements and physics tricks allowing you to bounce, jump, fly through space, teleport around the course, ride a black hole and what not. Fun obstacles include killer bots, corrosive goo, steam, fire, trap doors and more.
As you can see, this isn’t your Daddy’s mini golf game. I’ve included a nice promo video, a few screenies and additional tidbits below the fold…
The game features 30 playable holes and an additional fifteen unlockable bonus levels, secret areas and various hidden bonuses.
As you help the robotic duo find their way out of the abandoned cargo ship — and hopefully their way back home — you’ll golf your way through the spaceship, dodging black holes and trying to make your shots despite moving platforms and doors, abandoned ship parts, fire traps and more!
Here’s your trailer.
There are multiple characters to choose from, each with different personalities, specialties and abilities. I also love that you can upgrade the abilities of your robot ball to gain warp speed, a laser-guided putt, the ability to move through walls or go back in time, to mention a few.
- Fantastic console-quality 3D art rarely found in a casual game
- Character-based play with a strong storyline for entertaining, engaging play
- Fifty holes to play including numerous unlockable bonus levels— this means the fun goes on and on
- Three play modes keeps the game fresh and gives you great replay-ability
- Interesting plugins add a twist and a challenge as you gain the ability to through traps, ramp up to warp speed, and even defy gravity
Released as an iOS exclusive, Astro Golf will later be made available on Android and PC/Mac at a later stage.
The universal 149MB download is compatible with an iPhone,iPod touch and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later.