Good news Mac owners, Stack Social is running another one of its popular “name your own price” software promotions. There are 11 apps in the bundle, worth some $400, and like the name suggests you can literally pay whatever you want.
Is there a catch? A small one. The deal site keeps a running average of what people are paying for the package, which is currently at $8.95. Pay below the average, and you’ll only get 4 of the apps; you must pay $8.96 or higher to get all 11…
And now that the fine print is out of the way, let’s look at a breakdown of the apps including in the bundle.
- Snagit For Mac – record screen videos and enhance your images with the ultimate screen Capture Tool
- Flux 4 – powerful mac web design made easy
- Jump Desktop – a remote desktop application that will let you securely connect to any computer in the world
- MacX Video Converter Pro – a quick, easy way to convert any video to over 180 video formats
- Tunes Cleaner – delete duplicate songs and revitalize your iTunes library
- Boom For Mac – system-wide Mac volume boost for a richer sounding experience
- Mariner Write – an elegant and efficient word processing tool for your Mac
- CameraBag 2 – a powerful and beautiful photo app that brings a new approach to editing your pictures
- Chronicle 5 – an app that reminds you to pay your bills, even when it isn’t running
- Folx Pro – an easier and faster way to download files
- Elite Keylogger Pro – an undetectable keystroke logger for Mac
Again, if you pay less than the average price, you’ll only receive 4 apps: CameraBag 2, Chronicle 5, Folx Pro and Elite Keylogger Pro. This is to help build incentive for users to bid more than just $0.01, helping the site maintain a healthy price point.
To be honest, though, with the average price being $8.96, so all you have to do is offer say $9, and all 11 apps—worth over $400—are yours. But if you really don’t want to spend that much, $1 for the 4 above apps is still a great deal, so win-win.
Actually it’s more like a win-win-win, because Stack Social has partnered with charities, which you can choose to give 10% of your offer to. So you get a sweet deal, the site sells some bundles, and a charity gets a donation to keep doing cool stuff.
If you’d like to pick up the Mac Bundle 4.0, or just want to learn more, click here.