What if I told you that there was a device you could buy that would give you LTE Internet access for your iPhone, iPad and up to 8 other devices without you having to pay a monthly fee? Well there is, and it’s called the Spot by FreedomPop.
You’ve probably heard of FreedomPop before—it’s the crazy startup backed by Skype founder Niklas Zennstrom that offers free Internet to folks who buy its devices. And for a limited time, you can get their LTE HotSpot at a great discount…
First, let’s talk a little about the device itself. The Freedom Spot MiFi 500 is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and can support up to 10 mobile devices at a time. And as far as speed goes, it’s capable of up to 25mbps (download).
- Compact Device – Take it anywhere you go
- Connect 10 Devices Via WiFi – Including smartphones, laptops, and tablets
- Go Unplugged – Battery life of 10+ hours
- GPS – Over Wi-Fi
- Intuitive Navigation Keys
- Bright OLED Display
- Works on Sprint’s Nationwide 4G LTE (not 4G WiMAX) and 3G Network
And now for the other half of the equation: the service. The free Internet included with the device gives you 500MB per month of data. I know that’s not very much, but you can earn unlimited data by completing offers and referring friends.
- Free Data – With this promotion you get 2GB 4G LTE Data FREE for the first month, then 500MB FREE every month after that, no questions asked
- Premier Plan Access – For one year, FreedomPop Premier let’s you rollover your your unused data each month, secure all your devices from online threats and more!
- Social Broadband – Get 500MB of additional 100% FREE monthly data when you refer your friends
- Earn Unlimited Free Data – Get unlimited additional 100% FREE data by completing offers
- Fast Speeds – Enjoy 4G LTE wireless internet (10x faster than 3G)
- No Gimmicks – Take advantage of no data caps or speed-throttling
- No Contracts – Cancel anytime without fees or commitments
- Going over the allotted 500mb/month will cost $0.01-$0.02/MB in additional pay as you go data.
As for the deal: true, you can find the device itself for around $199. But add in the free 2GB of data, and the one year Premier Plan access (normally $9 per month) included here for the same price, and you end up saving well over $100.
If any of this sounds interesting, you can find out more details on Stack Social by clicking here. It appears the deal is only good for US customers, includes free shipping, and comes with a 30-day refund policy in case it doesn’t work out.