Apple has seeded iOS 7 beta 5 to developers this morning. The update comes just one week after the release of beta 4, as it appears that the company is trying to get back on track after the lengthy Developer Center outage.
Beta 5 is available now to all registered Apple developers via the Dev Center and OTA, which can be installed by visiting the Software Update section in the Settings app of proper devices that currently have iOS 7 installed…
The previous beta brought about a number of UI tweaks and changes throughout the operating system, but did not include any major features. It did, however, contain code references to the A7, and the rumored fingerprint sensor.
The fifth beta is available for compatible iPhones, iPads and iPod touch models. We’re installing it ourselves, and will be reporting back with any new stuff we find. So make sure you keep checking back with us throughout the day.
As always, we welcome you to let us know if we missed anything by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today’s iOS 7.0 beta 5 (11A4449a) released to developers expires on Sunday, October 6, 2013 @ 12AM (GMT). #TheMoreYouKnow
— iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w) August 6, 2013
What’s new in iOS 7 beta 5
As we continue to dig through the new information in iOS 7 beta 5, we’ll be listing any major changes we find below:
- Icons in Settings app have been completely redesigned
- New Yahoo! branding in Notification Center for Stocks and Weather
- New system-wide Twitter icon
- System-wide performance improvements
- New banner notification pull-down UI
- Option to disable Control Center within apps
- Redesigned ‘Power off’ slider
- Redesigned buttons in Phone app’s in-call screen
- Install screen is now the same color as your phone (white or black)
- Improved animation across entire OS
- Tweaked blur and transparency UI across entire OS
- New on/off switch for labels in Settings > General > Accessibility
- Tweaked options in Camera app; now feels much more smooth
- You can now shoot picture with the up or down volume buttons (used to be up only)
- Improved camera access from the Lock screen
- The unlocking sound is gone
- Messages conversation only shows the first name (can be changed in Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings)
- Long carrier names scroll back and forth in the the status bar
- App Store app now shows a + for universal apps
- New month indicator in Calendar app when scrolling fast through the months
- You can now download additional dictionaries (select a word and tap “define” then “manage”)
- In Mail app, when selecting emails, Trash and Mark labels are flipped
Thanks to everyone who sent us in tips to help us compile this list!