Apple’s (mostly) hated Podcasts app that launched in the summer last received an update in September, finally bringing iOS 6 compatibility, iCloud subscription syncing, the ability to automatically download new episodes only when on Wi-Fi and more. Earlier today, a new version surfaced on iTunes. Podcasts 1.1.2, an incremental update, includes stability and performance improvements, bug fixes and a few enhancements.
For example, tapping a podcast in Top Stations now reveals episodes you can play. Also new is the ability to turn on automatic downloads for all subscribed podcasts in Settings. Unfortunately, the dreaded 1980s animated tape-recorder interface is still there, but Jony Ive will no doubt see to it sooner rather than later…
Podcasts 1.1.2 is a free download that supports all your iOS devices natively.
• tapping a podcast in Top Stations now reveals episodes you can play
• you can now easily turn on automatic downloads for all subscribed podcasts in Settings
• addresses an issue where previously played or deleted episodes unexpectedly reappear as new
• resolves an issue where Podcasts may unexpectedly play after a phone call or alarm
• includes additional stability and performance improvements
What’s your favorite app for managing podcasts on iOS devices?