Heads up Pandora users, the internet streaming company pushed out a significant update to its iOS client last night. The update brings the app to version 4.0, and includes loads of new features and improvements.
The app now supports the iPhone 5’s 4-inch display, and it also now offers new social network sharing options. So now you can tell your friends on Facebook and Twitter what song you’re jamming out to…
From the change log:
• Share your latest discoveries with friends on Pandora, Facebook, and Twitter
• Discover new music by following others on the Music Feed
• Re-discover your favorite music on your profile page
• Explore the artists and music you love directly on your device
• Full lyrics for the songs we play
• Artist biographies and discographies
• Detailed track features from the Music Genome Project
• Find even more music you’ll love by adding variety to your stations
• Enjoy constantly updated and expertly curated genre stations
• Timer added to the track progress indicator – drag the player controls up to reveal the timer
• Support for new BMW vehicles with the “BMW Apps” option, see bmwusa.com/apps for more details
I’m not a frequent Pandora user, but the update seems to work as advertised. I like that it supports the iPhone 5‘s 4-inch display (where you at Spotify?), and the new Music Feed feature looks interesting.
It is worth noting, though, that Pandora has identified a bug in the update that keeps iPads on iOS 6 from using the app in landscape mode. They promise to have a fix shortly, but iPads users should beware.
Otherwise, if you’re interested in seeing the new Pandora for yourself, you can find it in the App Store for free. This is the ad-supported version, of course. It’ll cost you $3.99 per month to get rid of them.
So, what do you think of the Pandora update?