Bridge is a jailbreak app that allows you to import music from your iDevice directly into your media library. While it works best in cohesion with a download tool like Safari Download Manager, it can work independently as well.
Files can be accessed via a built in file browser, or you can paste the URL of a specific file directly into the app. Have a look at our brief video for more insight…
If you use Bridge you’ll come to appreciate the ability to import videos as well. Video content can be obtained from youTube via one of the developer’s other app — ProTube 2 — and imported directly into your media library using Bridge.
Upon importing content, you’re given the ability to enter meta data like song title, album title, etc. There’s also the option to designate the type of content, such as music, podcast, ringtone, etc.
Here is a list of the app’s main features:
- Import any song or video that is on your device into your media library
- Import media from within other applications (Only apps that have a ‘Open in…’ option)
- Download and import media from the Internet
- Importing media is fast, taking only a few seconds
- Preview songs and videos before importing them to your media library
- Song information is set automatically and can be manually edited at any time
- Set import type: Song, Ringtone, Podcast, Video, Music Video, or TV-Show!
The whole point of this app is to create a “bridge” between the content you download, and your media library. On a non-jailbroken device, iTunes acts as that bridge, but with the help of this app, iTunes is not needed.
Bridge is available right now on Cydia’s BigBoss repo for $1.99. It works with iOS 5, and iOS 6. Be sure to share your thoughts on the app below in the comment section.