Vimeo is a popular alternative to YouTube for sharing videos. Vimeo is known for hosting higher quality pieces and short films, thanks to its pro accounts. The service previously had just an iPhone app, but today has updated its app to version 2.0, bringing support for the iPad.
The iPad UI lets you navigate through Vimeo’s functionality natively and also lets you play video full screen. As you can see, it looks very high quality.
Vimeo for iOS also features:
- New, native iPad UI and an updated, easier to use iPhone UI.
- Vimeo Music Store integration in the video editor.
- Shoot video, create projects, and browse our featured channels without logging in or signing up.
- View your Subscriptions, Likes, and Watch Later album.
- Share, add comments, and view licenses, credits, and likes on other peoples’ videos.
Along with viewing video content, you can comment and like other peoples’ videos from inside of the iOS app.
You can also now browse for videos while watching one, or even edit your own videos from within the app. The update looks really cool, and if you’re a devoted Vimeo user you should definitely check it out.
You can download the updated Vimeo for iOS app on the iTunes App Store for free.
What do you think of Vimeo?