Chinese manufacturer K.O. Gadget has just revealed a cool new hack that will make the Apple logo on the back of your iPhone 4S glow, much like the logo on MacBooks. For $42, the company will send you the kit to perform the mod and claims that it can be done at home in less than five minutes.
The mod is actually pretty simple since you are only replacing the back panel of your iPhone. The back panel has a transparent Apple logo which lets light pass through it, but the trick is the “light strip” that you add to it…
The best part about the hack is that there is no added thickness to your iDevice because it uses the same glass material as Apple’s. Although this obviously voids your warranty, this is definitely something worth checking out if you like customizing your iPhone.
The install process is actually fairly simple:
- Remove the 2 screws flanking the iPhone’s dock connector port
- Slide open and remove the rear panel
- Remove the 5 screws near the flash
- Lift up the power connector of the screen
- Position the light panel, then connect and mount it using the 3M sticker (details will be provided after purchase)
- Replace the 5 screws near the flash
- Slide on the included rear panel with the transparent logo (so that the light is visible through it)
- Replace the 2 remaining screws flanking the dock connector port
These guys sure could use Jeff’s video skills, but nontheless, this is a really cool mod. What do you think?