Apple just released a major update to its iBooks app. This update adds many new features, including a new nighttime theme for reading in the dark and a full-screen mode.
Many small features are also added, such as new fonts, beautiful classic covers for public domain books, and a redesigned annotation palette.
It’s been a while since Apple has released a major update to iBooks, and version 1.5 fixes a lot of issues. The new nighttime reading theme will help people out a lot because staring at a white screen at night is hard on the eyes. This makes the iPhone and iPad a much better tool for reading books.
- iBooks 1.5 adds the following new features as well as some stability and performance improvements:
- Nighttime reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
- Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
- iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowan, and Seravek.
- Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
- A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.
You can download iBooks 1.5 in the App Store for free.
Screenshots highlighting some of the new features:
What do you think of the new iBooks?