As you may recall, we’ve recommended that jailbreakers stay away from updating. It could ruin your chances of a proper iOS 5 jailbreak. But for those of you who couldn’t wait, Sn0wBreeze was just updated to support the new software with a tethered jailbreak…
iDevice hacker iH8Sn0w updated his jailbreak utility last night to support iOS 5.0.1. Here’s the full change long:
* Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1 (9A405)
* Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues (as of 2.8b9).
* Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS users running the iPad baseband (as of 2.8b9).
* Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
* Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is extracted to the Desktop after running sn0wbreeze.
If you’re looking for a way to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1, you can grab Sn0wBreeze v2.8 Beta 11 from our Downloads page. And for those of you who may need a refresher in using the utility, feel free to check out our tutorial.